Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to advise residents and businesses that repairs and maintenance of water main pipes in a number of areas across Port Elizabeth continues. This will be done to allow necessary maintenance and repair work to be undertaken by the NMBM Infrastructure and Engineering Directorate. A number of areas will experience water disconnection during certain hours over the next few days, as detailed below.
Wednesday, 22 February, 9am – 4pm : Corner of Circular Drive and Wessel Swart Drive.
This tie-in could not be carried out last week. The water supply will be disconnected to connect the new pipes to the existing pipe for the new development in Wessel Swart Drive.
Properties in respect of which the water supply will be temporarily affected: A few houses on Circular Drive opposite the Wessel Swart intersection; the BP Garage near Wessel Swart Drive, and the entire Wessel Swart Drive.
Wednesday, 22 February, 9am – 4pm : Sangotshwa & Tsewu Streets, New Brighton.
In a few locations, the water pipes need to be lowered to accommodate the new road layerworks.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Mayor Appeals to Residents - 30 September 2019
- Rapid capture of rapist following law enforcement collaboration - 26 September 2019
- John Tallant Road Expansion Opens - 30 August 2019
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019