With reference to the ‘go to solution’ for all municipalities (monopolies) of introducing punitive tariffs (just another set of words for the BIG STICK!) how about rather pulling out the CARROT and rewarding households for sustained water savings?
The suggestion is simple: Give a major prize, to be credited to the consumer’s lights and water account, for the household that brings their water consumption down by the largest percentage over a period of three months in comparison to the previous three months?
In that way we could continue with the prize almost indefinitely whilst ALL benefiting from water savings.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 21 October’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness - 21 October 2019
- What you should know when buying a car - 21 October 2019
- Superfoods to Eat Yourself Healthier, Stronger and Younger - 20 October 2019
- 19 October’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 1 - 19 October 2019
- Madibaz Sports Stars of the Year - 18 October 2019