With reference to the ‘go to solution’ for all municipalities (monopolies) of introducing punitive tariffs (just another set of words for the BIG STICK!) how about rather pulling out the CARROT and rewarding households for sustained water savings?
The suggestion is simple: Give a major prize, to be credited to the consumer’s lights and water account, for the household that brings their water consumption down by the largest percentage over a period of three months in comparison to the previous three months?
In that way we could continue with the prize almost indefinitely whilst ALL benefiting from water savings.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- PE policeman rewarded for bravery - 27 January 2020
- Bearing the sweet fruit of perseverance - 27 January 2020
- Coega partners with Free State development agency - 27 January 2020
- Every South African needs to speak out against the NHI - 27 January 2020
- Oversight inspections at NMB tertiary institutions - 27 January 2020