With reference to the ‘go to solution’ for all municipalities (monopolies) of introducing punitive tariffs (just another set of words for the BIG STICK!) how about rather pulling out the CARROT and rewarding households for sustained water savings?
The suggestion is simple: Give a major prize, to be credited to the consumer’s lights and water account, for the household that brings their water consumption down by the largest percentage over a period of three months in comparison to the previous three months?
In that way we could continue with the prize almost indefinitely whilst ALL benefiting from water savings.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- VWSA commended for performance, systems and continuous improvement - 17 September 2019
- Was it a gunshot? - 17 September 2019
- Car guards to keep Nahoon Beach Road safe - 17 September 2019
- Begins with an ‘M’ ends with a ‘T’ #sharethebay - 17 September 2019
- NMB Stadium’s inaugural 5-a-side soccer tournament a great success - 16 September 2019