With reference to the ‘go to solution’ for all municipalities (monopolies) of introducing punitive tariffs (just another set of words for the BIG STICK!) how about rather pulling out the CARROT and rewarding households for sustained water savings?
The suggestion is simple: Give a major prize, to be credited to the consumer’s lights and water account, for the household that brings their water consumption down by the largest percentage over a period of three months in comparison to the previous three months?
In that way we could continue with the prize almost indefinitely whilst ALL benefiting from water savings.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Learners exposed to different career paths - 17 May 2019
- Winning streak for EP Cricket - 16 May 2019
- Lindiwe Cezula wins international award to get girls moving - 16 May 2019
- Two Fraudulent Doctors Arrested in Nelson Mandela Bay - 16 May 2019
- Unique International Museum Day Offering - 16 May 2019