With reference to the ‘go to solution’ for all municipalities (monopolies) of introducing punitive tariffs (just another set of words for the BIG STICK!) how about rather pulling out the CARROT and rewarding households for sustained water savings?
The suggestion is simple: Give a major prize, to be credited to the consumer’s lights and water account, for the household that brings their water consumption down by the largest percentage over a period of three months in comparison to the previous three months?
In that way we could continue with the prize almost indefinitely whilst ALL benefiting from water savings.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Paul Gardiner says; “It is Time” - 16 July 2019
- MonsterJam Poker Tour - 16 July 2019
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019