Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform members residents and businesses that there will be a number of drinking water cuts in the next few days due to improvement and maintenance of Infrastructure.
The water disruptions are as follows:
- Today (11 May), at 22h00 at water distribution will be cut in the areas of North End and Sydenham. This is due to repairs on an important valve in the reticulation system. Work should be complete by late afternoon on Saturday.
- On Saturday morning (12 May), from 08h00 and possibly Sunday (13 May) water distribution will be cut at Kempston Road area. Repairs will be done to a 450mm water main in front of the Isuzu (former General Motors) Building in the IPTS bus lane in Kempston Road. All the tenants of the Old GM building, now Isuzu and the surrounding areas will be affected.
- The municipality would also like to advise residents and businesses that water will be shut off next Thursday 24th of May to carry out a connection next to the old Pick n Pay Hypermarket to link into a new developments taking place behind this old building. The surrounding areas will be affected.
In all the affected areas, water tankers will be provided. If residents and businesses experience challenges in locating the water tankers, they must call 0800 205050 or their Ward Councillor.
The municipality would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this work. All work is done in the spirit of improving Infrastructure and bring about a Well Run City.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Best of luck matrics! - 15 October 2018
- Bobani on Dangers Faced by Municipal Officials - 4 October 2018
- The OTHER meaning of Transport Month - 3 October 2018
- NMB Municipality Statement on Suspension of Johann Mettler - 28 September 2018
- Dangerous working conditions for municipal employees highlighted during fatal Helenvale shooting - 23 September 2018