Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform the residents of New Brighton and surrounding areas that the water cuts experienced in the area are being attended to. These cuts were caused by a burst pipe in the Kempston Road area. As a temporary measure, the Municipality has provided water trucks to supply drinking and bathing water to the residents of the affected areas. However, we are pleased to state that since the pipe burst, 60% of the water supply has been restored. Municipal employees are still on site working on the pipe. We hope to have restored the entire water supply before 8pm today, October 1,2014.
Two trucks have been allocated to Ward 58 and Ward 14, and the third will be permanently stationed at Centenary Hall.
Present locations are as follows:
- Ward 58 – Singaphi Street
- Ward 14 – Cnr Nikiwe and Chiwula Streets.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Relief at Loadshedding Break - 26 March 2019
- Second Time in a Row For South African Lifesaving National Championship - 24 March 2019
- Please heed the call – let there be water for all - 22 March 2019
- Municipality to Accelerate ATTP - 20 March 2019
- Libraries should be the nucleus of communities as centres of knowledge - 15 March 2019