Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform the residents of New Brighton and surrounding areas that the water cuts experienced in the area are being attended to. These cuts were caused by a burst pipe in the Kempston Road area. As a temporary measure, the Municipality has provided water trucks to supply drinking and bathing water to the residents of the affected areas. However, we are pleased to state that since the pipe burst, 60% of the water supply has been restored. Municipal employees are still on site working on the pipe. We hope to have restored the entire water supply before 8pm today, October 1,2014.
Two trucks have been allocated to Ward 58 and Ward 14, and the third will be permanently stationed at Centenary Hall.
Present locations are as follows:
- Ward 58 – Singaphi Street
- Ward 14 – Cnr Nikiwe and Chiwula Streets.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Top 50 Bay businesses heard - 16 June 2019
- Motherwell Still Without Water - 13 June 2019
- Motherwell Water Cuts - 12 June 2019
- Donations needed to ease plight of destitute Walmer families - 11 June 2019
- Promises to Developers and Investors in Nelson Mandela Bay - 5 June 2019