The Warriors were denied the opportunity to bid for a valuable home win and take a significant stride up the Ram Slam T20 standings when their clash with the Dolphins was washed out at Buffalo Park.
The Warriors had hoped to take advantage of three home games on the trot after winning just two of their first five matches, but Friday’s encounter saw the Dolphins face just 5.1 overs before the rain swept in and forced an abandonment.
The two points took the Warriors above the Highveld Lions into fourth place, although the Lions have a game in hand.
The washout was not the worst outcome for the Dolphins after their back-to-back defeats in the last week, as it allowed them to consolidate second place. They now have 18 points from seven games.
Latest posts by News24Wire (see all)
- Marinda Mills trial date set - 15 March 2016
- MP and official crash into one another - 15 March 2016
- St Albans prison warder kidnapped, raped by escapee - 10 March 2016
- No Witnesses to daylight killing - 19 February 2016
- Port Elizabeth DA councillor guilty of misusing funds - 16 February 2016