Entry to NMMU‘s South Campus will only be accessible via North Campus or Marine Drive from mid-June due to road works to expand the traffic circle at the intersection of University Way and Gomery Avenue.
NMMU anticipates that road engineers will be on-site for at least a month starting from 22 June.
The expansion of the roundabout is aimed at improving traffic flow to the university.
NMMU says that they appreciate that some motorists will have to drive a little further and also build extra time into their journey to and from work, but are confident that the final product will be worth the brief inconvenience.
Signage will be erected directing motorists to the alternative entrances.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Police hunt Kabega Park business robbery suspects - 27 February 2020
- TNPA Responds to Oil Tank Farm Disappointment - 27 February 2020
- Who wants to see Sewage running into the Swartkops River? - 27 February 2020
- I am sure that YOU own this Hymnal - 27 February 2020
- (Insert Expletive HERE) Oil Tank Farm - 27 February 2020