An 18 year old suspect was surprised when he was tackled and apprehended by a 21 year old man at a house in 3rd Avenue Walmer on Sunday. According to police information, at about 08:00 this morning, the teenager jumped over into the property. The owner’s son spotted the suspect who lunged at him with a hammer and a firearm. A struggle ensued between the two but the suspect was overpowered by the karate enthusiast.
PE Flying Squad and Walmer police immediately responded when the call came through to them. When they arrived at the house, the suspect was handed over to them. It was later discovered that the ‘firearm’ produced was a toy gun. The suspect (18) is being detained on charges of trespassing, pointing of a firearm and being in possession of housebreaking implement. He is expected to appear in court soon.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Africa’s largest family beach series returns to Hobie Beach this Sunday - 14 November 2019
- Lessons from Saudi Arabia - 14 November 2019
- United in Dance – Open Auditions - 14 November 2019
- #GoodSon - 14 November 2019
- Jason Kieck – Aqua, It’s Life - 14 November 2019