During the early hours of this morning, 11 October 2016, three alleged car thieves were arrested by members of SAPS Walmer and the PE Flying Squad. It is alleged that at about 02:30, members were about to pull over a vehicle in Heugh Road Walmer when they noticed a Toyota Tazz (red) towing another Toyota Tazz (white). These vehicles past the officers at a high speed thus prompting suspicion and a chase ensued. The suspects abandoned the vehicles in 5th Avenue and ran off. All three suspects were apprehended. It was established that the white Tazz had just been stolen from the Walmer Links complex. The suspects aged 24 and 25 years old were detained on charges of theft of motor vehicle and possession of suspected stolen property. Police also found several lock breaking implements inside the red Tazz. The red Tazz was not stolen but belonged to the driver. They are expected to appear in court soon.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Rise Against Hunger - 23 July 2018
- A Whale of a Tail - 23 July 2018
- Three arrested for possession of fire arms and hijacked vehicle - 22 July 2018
- Top solar car teams to pass through Port Elizabeth - 22 July 2018
- Day and night roadworks on the R75 between Port Elizabeth and Despatch - 22 July 2018