The Jetta, donated by the Bhikha family is the latest addition to the AutoPavilion display vehicles and was unveiled in celebration of 65 years of Volkswagen in South Africa. The vehicle was purchased in 2012 and refurbished by Nitin Bhikha a qualified engineer who also works at Volkswagen. The Bhikha family have been loyal Volkswagen fans and drivers for over 40 years and own various VW products. They still own and drive an original beetle which has been in the family for 44 years. The AutoPavilion is open Weekdays from 08:30-:16:00 and every first Saturday of the month from 10:00-13:00. VW FactoryTours run daily.
“I am touched by the generosity of the Bhikha family and their passion for our cars and our company. We are grateful to them for this donation.” commented Thomas Schaefer Chairman and Managing Director of VWSA.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The Top Table - 16 August 2019
- 2 deceased in tragic boating accident - 16 August 2019
- OUTA plans to challenge the AARTO Amendment Act - 16 August 2019
- 10 Out of 11 Isuzu Southern Kings Games to be played at NMB Stadium - 16 August 2019
- The scene from which the Team Sailing League will kick off on 14 September 2019 - 16 August 2019