The 2013 Volkswagen Rally will be taking the action back to Jeffrey’s Bay for two stages on the opening day this Friday 19 July 2013.
Stage 6 – Fountain’s Mall
This is a new spectator stage for the 2013 Volkswagen Rally and a welcome return to Jeffreys Bay with the first car due at 16:54.
Fountains Mall has been host to the Eastern Cape Regional Rallies for some time, and will host the tight 0.81 kilometre stage for it’s first national rally.
This is a typical parking lot stage with cars coming dangerously close to some pavements. Spectating is easily accessible with parking close to McDonalds in an open area and on the outside perimeter of the mall fence next to the main road.
Stage 7 – Jeffreys Bay
After an absence of five years, the hugely popular (for both crews and spectators) Jeffreys Bay Town stage is back!
This 1.21 kilometre stage takes place on Diaz Road and Woltemade Roads in the centre of J-Bay with the first cars due at 19:00.
Viewing is accessible from various vantage points. Spectator safety is the rally organiser’s main concern and the responsibility rests on the spectators to obey the marshals. Road crossing will be allowed in a controlled manner by the marshals, listen to them when it is safe to cross the road.
Do not stand in a place that is unsafe. Remember that the rally drivers are very skilled at what they do, but accidents can happen to the best and it can happen very fast.
The full 13 stages of the 2013 Volkswagen Rally on 19 and 20 July are:
- Stage 01 12:13 – VW Test Track (4.24km)
- Stage 02 13:14 – Culturama (19.13km)
- Stage 03 13:45 – Blouberg (24.12km)
- Stage 04 15:24 – Kingsview (24.78km)
- Stage 05 16:08 – Melon East (10.47km)
- Stage 06 16:54 – Fountains Mall (0.81km)
- Stage 07 19:00 – Jeffreys Bay (1.21km)
- Stage 08 09:01 – Melon West (10.47km)
- Stage 09 09:27 – PPC (22.88km)
- Stage 10 10:03 – Hangpad (9.60km)
- Stage 11 11:44 – Blouberg 2 (24.12km)
- Stage 12 13:03 – Sinkdam (18.97km)
- Stage 13 14:23 – Kings Beach (1.2km)
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Murder suspects arrested in Walmer - 5 April 2020
- Lockdown sees a decrease in serious and violent crimes - 5 April 2020
- Willowvale police investigate murder case - 5 April 2020
- Anti-Gang Unit arrest attempted murder suspect in Bethelsdorp - 5 April 2020
- It has to be said - 5 April 2020