Ahead of the 8 May National Elections you would do well to acquaint yourself with the Political Parties registered on the National level for the elections.
Today we introduce you to: Vryheidsfront Plus/Freedom Front Plus
The FF+ dates back to 1994 and is led by Pieter Groenewald. It is the only South African party to field a parliamentary caucus consisting entirely of white men, in the form of its four MPs. But of late the FF+ has started to branch out, now touting itself as a party not just for Afrikaner separatists but for other minority groups in South Africa. Its selection of Peter Marais as the party’s Western Cape Premier was a clear sign that the FF+ hopes to attract “coloured” voters in the province, where it has been busily campaigning in rural areas. It continues to lobby hard for the protection of Afrikaans, farmers and gun-owners and has been outspoken in its opposition to land expropriation without compensation.
The FF Plus is the natural home of all whom:
- believe in Christian values;
- believe crime has to be actively tackled and corruption has to be eradicated;
- strive for economic prosperity and progress;
- are proud of their identity and strive for the protection of their culture, education and values;
- believe that all 11 official languages in South Africa should be promoted equally.
Did you know?
- The FF Plus is the only party which voted against the new stricter Black Economic Empowerment Act (Parliament, June 2013).
- The FF Plus says stop racial discrimination where the wealthy black elite is enriched further at the expense of poor South Africans.
- The FF Plus is the only party which stands up against the ANC’s propaganda lies about the history and land ownership in South Africa (Parliament 2012).
- The FF Plus is the only party which demands that farm attacks be declared a priority crime.
- The FF Plus is the only party which opposes legislation and policies which hampers job-creation.
- The FF Plus is the only party which offers real solutions for a better future.
FreedomFront Plus Policy: https://www.vfplus.org.za/background
This information is gathered from the IEC and the above party website or publicly available documents.
Click here to see ALL 2019’s registered national parties.
What the Political Parties are saying on Twitter:
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Police hunt Kabega Park business robbery suspects - 27 February 2020
- TNPA Responds to Oil Tank Farm Disappointment - 27 February 2020
- Who wants to see Sewage running into the Swartkops River? - 27 February 2020
- I am sure that YOU own this Hymnal - 27 February 2020
- (Insert Expletive HERE) Oil Tank Farm - 27 February 2020