May 31 – A Somali shopkeeper has been killed in ongoing violent clashes in Port Elizabeth. It is believed he was stoned to death. A second Somali man has been stabbed and wounded in running battles between the Booysens Park community and foreigners. The violence all started as an attempt to drive a gang out of the area, but after being stopped by police, residents have now turned on the foreigners instead.
Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Port Elizabeth: Woman arrested for possession of suspected stolen motorcycles – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 February 2020
- South Africa (SA) sides determined to bounce back on Guinness PRO14 tour – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020
- Boosting a sense of belonging and growing confidence with uniforms - 21 February 2020
- The people of Inxuba Yethemba Municipality demand better services - 21 February 2020
- Next Mazda BT-50 vs New Isuzu D-Max: What’s the Difference? – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 February 2020