On 2 December 2015 the wreck of the Baratz off of Cape Recife was declared an absolute no go area for all boats, divers and fishermen. (See: Baratz wreck is a ‘No Go No Dive’ area).
The crayfishing boat, Baratz sank on 26 November and emergency personnel rescued all 25 fishermen on-board.
On 27 November Rainer and Silke Schimpf (Expert Tours and Sardine Run PE) dove the site managing to get this footage as the diesel mixed with oil formed a dark plume in the water. It has since been revealed that the Baratz had 70 tons of diesel fuel on-board as well as 30 tons of bait – making for a shark feast of note.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Ulster will meet this Isuzu Southern Kings Team - 22 March 2019
- Links to ALL 48 Parties contesting the 2019 South African Elections - 21 March 2019
- #FightRacism on Human Rights Day and Every Other Day - 21 March 2019
- R70.9 million committed to support black-owned companies - 20 March 2019
- Give Your Home a Bit of Hygge - 20 March 2019