On 2 December 2015 the wreck of the Baratz off of Cape Recife was declared an absolute no go area for all boats, divers and fishermen. (See: Baratz wreck is a ‘No Go No Dive’ area).
The crayfishing boat, Baratz sank on 26 November and emergency personnel rescued all 25 fishermen on-board.
On 27 November Rainer and Silke Schimpf (Expert Tours and Sardine Run PE) dove the site managing to get this footage as the diesel mixed with oil formed a dark plume in the water. It has since been revealed that the Baratz had 70 tons of diesel fuel on-board as well as 30 tons of bait – making for a shark feast of note.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Surf the Crest (Safely) with a ‘Top Secret’ Electric Cruising Catamaran - 17 June 2019
- New career paths carved out for youth - 17 June 2019
- Geared up to Meet Growing International Demand - 17 June 2019
- Leading the way in youth development - 17 June 2019
- Atmospheric water generator produces up to 900 litres of water per day - 16 June 2019