The Northern Areas of Port Elizabeth is characterised by gangsterism and drug and alcohol abuse and it has a devastating effect on the youth of the area. But Wynand van Vuuren – a top-soccer coach in Nelson Mandela Bay has, since 2012, been trying to change the lives of many affected youth through the beautiful game with his initiative to keep PE youth off the streets. Most of the children he is working with come from broken families and a children’s haven in the area.
The club is coaching 74 players reports the SABC’s Zolani Moya.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- PPE suppliers urged to contact National Treasury - 8 April 2020
- What will happen to tourism After COVID-19 - 8 April 2020
- SABC to air school lessons - 8 April 2020
- Calls for rape apologist to be removed as Minister - 8 April 2020
- Minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams’ pocket spanked for Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown lunch - 8 April 2020