The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality recently had a burst pipe at the Coegakop potable water reservoir which resulted in a supply disruption to certain parts of the IDZ and near by areas of Motherwell.
A temporary repair was executed to reinstate supply expeditiously and protect NMBM’s infrastructure.
Areas which are expected to be without water include Motherwell NU 29 and Coega IDZ zones 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
The NMBM is ready to do the permanent repair and understand the inconvenience of an unexpected water interruption to the residents and the IDZ. We apologize for this inconvenience.
The shut down is for Sunday the 12th of May 2019. This should be sufficient time for all parties to prepare.
Teams will start preparation work on Saturday the 11th ,however, supply will be shut at 00:00 that midnight and teams will start with repairs immediately. It is envisaged that supply will be restored by Sunday late afternoon. It must be kept in mind that unforeseen complications could extend duration of repair.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019
- No Payments Made to Afrisec - 29 July 2019