Nelson Mandela Bay residents are urgently requested to use water sparingly as a power failure and repairs are reducing distribution capacity
Due to a power failure in the Kouga area and the simultaneous repair work of pumps at the Elandsjagt Treatment Works due to a failure, the municipality is now unable to treat and pump water to the metropolitan area.
This means that the available water supply for Nelson Mandela Bay residents is reduced to 50% of our normal distribution capacity resulting in severe strain to our supply.
Customers are urgently requested to cut their respective water usage immediately. Further updates will follow in due course.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Free Wi-Fi. Why? - 18 April 2019
- Hot Cross Bun Breathalyser – Eating hot cross buns and driving will not land you in jail - 17 April 2019
- Lorraine Water Shutdown - 16 April 2019
- Today’s Waste Collection Delays - 16 April 2019
- Motherwell Food Safety Crackdown Continues - 12 April 2019