Nelson Mandela Bay residents are urgently requested to use water sparingly as a power failure and repairs are reducing distribution capacity
Due to a power failure in the Kouga area and the simultaneous repair work of pumps at the Elandsjagt Treatment Works due to a failure, the municipality is now unable to treat and pump water to the metropolitan area.
This means that the available water supply for Nelson Mandela Bay residents is reduced to 50% of our normal distribution capacity resulting in severe strain to our supply.
Customers are urgently requested to cut their respective water usage immediately. Further updates will follow in due course.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Top 50 Bay businesses heard - 16 June 2019
- Motherwell Still Without Water - 13 June 2019
- Motherwell Water Cuts - 12 June 2019
- Donations needed to ease plight of destitute Walmer families - 11 June 2019
- Promises to Developers and Investors in Nelson Mandela Bay - 5 June 2019