The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is requesting residents from Kragga Kamma, Westering, Sunridge Park and especially residents and businesses from Newton Park to urgently reduce their usage of electricity while the Electricity and Energy Sub-directorate is working on a faulty transformer at the 5th Avenue Substation in Newton Park.
Businesses in the Newton Park area are kindly requested to reduce their usage of air conditioners to lessen the demand for electricity in this area.
Workers are on site at the moment and we will try to keep interruptions to the minimum.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result of the current situation.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019