With this designation, the Goodyear Flight Radial becomes the first product to receive Boeing system part certification for the 777X.
The Flight Radial, one of Goodyear‘s most advanced aviation products, features Goodyear Featherweight Alloy Core Bead Technology, the latest in Goodyear lightweight radial aircraft technology, for weight reduction and reduced operating costs. The tyre also contains strong, rigid tread belts with enhanced rubber for dimensional stability, longer service life and increased cut resistance, plus other features.
In December 2015, Goodyear announced that Boeing had selected the Flight Radial for the nose and main landing gear of the 777X, which is scheduled for delivery in 2020.
“The Flight Radial earning the first system part certification for this advanced aircraft is a tremendous achievement and a testament to Goodyear’s advanced aviation tyre technology and capabilities,” said Rich Kramer, Chairman, CEO and president of Goodyear. “We are committed to supplying premium products and services to Boeing and look forward to equipping the Boeing 777X with our Flight Radial tyre.”
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Ramaphosa fires a salvo into one of Zuma’s biggest corruption camps - 22 January 2018
- Study finds corruption hurts local R&D and innovation - 22 January 2018
- Microplastic Particles Reach Antarctica - 22 January 2018
- Manganese Ore Dust Pollution – Monday 22 January 2018 - 22 January 2018
- Bigger and Better BUT at the Same Price - 22 January 2018