With this designation, the Goodyear Flight Radial becomes the first product to receive Boeing system part certification for the 777X.
The Flight Radial, one of Goodyear‘s most advanced aviation products, features Goodyear Featherweight Alloy Core Bead Technology, the latest in Goodyear lightweight radial aircraft technology, for weight reduction and reduced operating costs. The tyre also contains strong, rigid tread belts with enhanced rubber for dimensional stability, longer service life and increased cut resistance, plus other features.
In December 2015, Goodyear announced that Boeing had selected the Flight Radial for the nose and main landing gear of the 777X, which is scheduled for delivery in 2020.
“The Flight Radial earning the first system part certification for this advanced aircraft is a tremendous achievement and a testament to Goodyear’s advanced aviation tyre technology and capabilities,” said Rich Kramer, Chairman, CEO and president of Goodyear. “We are committed to supplying premium products and services to Boeing and look forward to equipping the Boeing 777X with our Flight Radial tyre.”
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Literacy is the gateway to a better future - 20 April 2018
- Diarise 7 April 2019 Ironmen (and women) - 20 April 2018
- FOP no Hindrance to Ciské Faber - 20 April 2018
- Godfrey Sithole – going on to Masters - 20 April 2018
- 52-year old Zenobia Olivier and the hurdles she overcame - 20 April 2018