The Bay Ultra Marathon is:
- A road race that has one of the best coastal routes, in the country
- A road race that has three separate distances
- A road race that enters its 37th year, here in Nelson Mandela Bay
- A road race that will go green
- A road race that will pay it forward to those unable to run, with proper gear.
The Bay Ultra Marathon on 9 February 2019, powered by Amobia and hosted by Body Concept Road Warriors, seeks to fulfill all of the above.
The race will start and finish at Pollock Beach, and the route will take in the incredible scenes along the Schoenies coastline, showcasing the city, at its best
The race will cater to all runners with three timed distances:
- 50km – a Qualifier for the Two Oceans and the Comrades
- 21km – for those not ready to tackle a long distance route
- 5km – a Fun Run where the school who enters the most Learners stands to win One Year free internet, and installation thereof, from Amobia Communication (value: R15,000.00)
As the Bay Ultra Marathon takes place on 9 February it is uniquely positioned as a Qualifier for the Two Oceans and Comrades.
The 37th running of the Bay Ultra will go green, this year with the Finish lane being a “passageway of trees”, rather than balloons.. said trees will then be planted, afterwards, at a venue to be confirmed.
The waste bins en route will include those from the Spar STOP Plastic campaign, and the Medals will be made from bamboo, for sustainability
Competitors and Supporters will be asked to bring a pair of previously used (or new) running shoes, so that those who are unable to wear such vital items in a race, are given the opportunity to do so!
Details for this Event can be found on: www.bayultra.co.za