A 3D rendering of what the ujiva sculpture will look like once installed on the Walker Drive, Sherwood traffic Circle. The design, titled ujiva (Xhosa for dancing), was chosen out of a shortlist of 18 submissions from throughout the region, netting Eastern Cape artists Louwrens Westraad and Mxolisi “Dolla” Sapeta a R50,000 cash prize and the bragging rights of designing and developing one of the tallest public art sculptures in the metro.
This Public art submission by Dolla Sapeta and Louwrens Westraad will be 7m tall and 7.5m wide – “a celebration of the Bay”. Runners-up in the competition will be commissioned for Baywest City public art installations.
Date: November 18, 2015 14:23
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: 3 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in St Georges Park - 24 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Woman, boyfriend gruesomely murdered in Mthatha - 24 May 2019
- King Williams Town News: Long term forecast forKing Williams Town, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 24 May 2019
- Founders Lodge Scoops Two 2019 Boutique Hotel Guest Experience Awards – MyPR.co.za - 24 May 2019
- This is orange – Port Elizabeth - 24 May 2019