The municipality informed Uitenhage consumers last night that due to a pipe burst their water supply had been disrupted saying; “It is with regret that we need to inform consumers in Uitenhage that one of the main water supply pipelines supplying the town burst this morning.”
The pipeline has been isolated but repair teams are finding it difficult to access the site due to its location, steep inclines and inclement weather.
If all goes well, the pipe should be repaired this afternoon and the supply restored later in the evening.
The recent warm weather resulted in an abnormally high water demand and reservoirs were unable to recover before the pipe burst occurred. As a result, certain higher lying suburbs are already without water and more areas will be affected by this evening. The only areas which should not be affected are the Central Business District, Industrial Areas and most of the Western Suburbs.
All available water tankers are being mobilised and will be deployed at strategic locations.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Like an Alien UFO Blasting Heavy Metal Above your Home - 17 November 2019
- Backlinks – Huh? When are they a “Good Thing?” - 17 November 2019
- Is the Dairy Industry Horrific? - 17 November 2019
- Watching This Video Broke My Heart - 17 November 2019
- Isn’t life wonderful? - 15 November 2019