Uitenhage Cluster police members conducted crime prevention operations over the past weekend and they have arrested a total of 180 suspects during these operations. Operations were conducted from Friday, 22 January 2016 until 06:00, this morning, Monday, 25 January 2016. A total of 73 traffic fines were issued and arrests made varied from assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm, housebreaking and theft and eight (8) arrests were made for driving under the influence of liquor. A total of 61 fines were issued for liquor related crimes. 22 Persons were arrested and detained after illegal drugs were found in their possession.
Police in the Uitenhage Cluster will continue with their efforts to address crime effectively in the Uitenhage Cluster. Members are committed to conduct crime prevention operations and to police Uitenhage Cluster effectively. The South African Police Service appeal to the community to work with the SAPS in reducing crime by providing valuable information on illegal firearms to SAPS Uitenhage at 041 996 3438 or Crime Stop 08600 10111.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Man missing on the Sundays river - 18 February 2019
- Kings and Cheetahs go Down Against Irish - 17 February 2019
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019