Residents are requested to use water sparingly over the next two weeks while important work to improve the water supply to some Uitenhage suburbs is progressing well at this stage.
The water supply concerns to Rosedale, Kamesh, Tiryville, Mountain View, Thomas Gamble, Allanridge West, Blikkiesdorp, Joe Slovo, McNaughton, Mandelaville, Greenfields and the Kabah / Langa areas necessitated an emergency replacement of the pump supplying the three reservoirs which are fed through the Rosedale pump station.
This work has already commenced on Monday. In the mean time, the area is being supplied from the Fairbridge Heights reservoir via the Verwoerd Drive booster pump station but the current demand is exceeding the capacity of this supply, causing the higher lying areas to be without water during certain periods. Residents are therefore requested to use water sparingly.
Water tankers have already been deployed in the area as a precautionary measure.
Please call the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s 24 hour call centre at 0800 20 50 50 for all municipal-related enquiries.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Lithuba Lakho Exhibition - 19 February 2020
- Nelson Mandela Bay Water Supply STILL Under Pressure - 18 February 2020
- Mantashe is spanner in the works of President’s energy promises - 14 February 2020
- Grim discovery of electrocuted man the second incident in weeks - 13 February 2020
- LEU’s back online - 13 February 2020