Residents are requested to use water sparingly over the next two weeks while important work to improve the water supply to some Uitenhage suburbs is progressing well at this stage.
The water supply concerns to Rosedale, Kamesh, Tiryville, Mountain View, Thomas Gamble, Allanridge West, Blikkiesdorp, Joe Slovo, McNaughton, Mandelaville, Greenfields and the Kabah / Langa areas necessitated an emergency replacement of the pump supplying the three reservoirs which are fed through the Rosedale pump station.
This work has already commenced on Monday. In the mean time, the area is being supplied from the Fairbridge Heights reservoir via the Verwoerd Drive booster pump station but the current demand is exceeding the capacity of this supply, causing the higher lying areas to be without water during certain periods. Residents are therefore requested to use water sparingly.
Water tankers have already been deployed in the area as a precautionary measure.
Please call the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s 24 hour call centre at 0800 20 50 50 for all municipal-related enquiries.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019
- No Payments Made to Afrisec - 29 July 2019