The Volkswagen Customer Interaction Centre (CIC) run and managed from the Volkswagen Manufacturing Plant in Uitenhage, scooped five awards at the prestigious 2017 Contact Centre Management Group National Awards held in Johannesburg on 26 August.
These professional awards recognize teams, organisations and individuals that have achieved extraordinary success in various categories within in the industry.
The judging panel, consisting of industry leaders and specialists, put all nominations and entrants through a rigorous judging process. All nominees submitted per category followed an online judging process with finalists per category being chosen to advance to the face-to-face interview stage. The combined scores of the written entry and the interview then determined the winners.
The standard of competition has increased each year and based on the entries received, 2017 was the most successful year yet seeing in excess of 500 entries across all categories being put forward. The judges noted that the score differences between this year’s winners were often a decimal point or two, indicating a particularly high standard amongst the finalists.
The awards won by the Volkswagen Team are as follows:
- Best Contact Centre Agent – Junene Wildeman (Second place – Silver)
- Best Contact Centre Supervisor – Moegamat Hendricks (Third Place – Bronze)
- Best Contact Centre Operations Manager – Thabisa Magxwalisa (Second place – Silver)
- Best Use of Social Media in the Contact Centre – CIC Emerging Media Team (Second place – Silver)
- Best Medium Sized Outsourced Contact Centre – Third place, Bronze
The CIC at Volkswagen is made up of 150 dedicated employees that service 8 different operational areas, namely: Customer Care, Office of the MD, Roadside Assistance, Dealer Helpdesk, Fleet Support Services, Emerging Media and Outbound Services.
“As the front line contact between the public and the organisation, the CIC are an integral part of how we do business at Volkswagen. They are the calming voice when a customer is stuck on the side of the road or the investigator solving problems for an unhappy client. We rely on the CIC team to help us keep our Volkswagen family happy. I am extremely proud of their accomplishments as individuals and as a team.” said Thomas Schaefer, Volkswagen Group South Africa Chairman and Managing Director.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Goodbye 150 - 17 November 2018
- Come clean on your Bosasa money, Mr President - 17 November 2018
- Did Ramaphosa tell Porky Pies about African Global (#Bosasa) Payment to Andile? - 17 November 2018
- Gifts close to my heart - 17 November 2018
- How to navigate a buyers’ market - 17 November 2018