Police officials in the Uitenhage Cluster have arrested more than 124 suspects, through crime prevention duties that were conducted over the past weekend. The operations were conducted from 18:00 on Friday, 15 April 2016 until 06:00, this morning, Monday, 18 April 2016. A total of 30 traffic fines were issued, valued at more than R15 000. The suspects were arrested for charges relating to the assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm, robbery, theft, possession of suspected stolen goods, etc. Two (2) arrests were made for driving under the influence of liquor. 20 Persons were arrested and detained after illegal drugs were found in their possession. A total of 46 fines were issued for other liquor related crimes.
Police in the Uitenhage Cluster will continue to proactively address crime effectively in the Uitenhage Cluster. The South African Police Service appeal to the community to work with the SAPS in reducing crime by providing valuable information that will lead to the arrest of suspects, the tracing of illegal firearms and the recovery of stolen property. Important SAPS numbers: SAPS Despatch – 041 933 8803/04; SAPS Kamesh 041 988 8718/19; SAPS Kwanobuhle 041 978 8600, SAPS Uitenhage 041 996 3438, Crime Stop 08600 10111 or Crime Line SMS 32211.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- One Step Closer for Fish Farms in Algoa Bay as DAFF Receives EA - 28 February 2020
- First Southern Kings start for 23 year-old - 28 February 2020
- Irish internationals return to Connacht squad for Isuzu Southern Kings clash - 28 February 2020
- 100 First aid kits handed over to local schools - 28 February 2020
- Loadshedding? Possibly, Maybe! - 28 February 2020