Police officials in the Uitenhage Cluster have once again proved their commitment in curbing crime in their Cluster by arresting more than 218 suspects during crime prevention operations over the past weekend. Crime prevention operations were conducted from late Friday afternoon, 5 February 2016 until 06:00, this morning, Monday, 8 February 2016. Arrests made ranged from assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm, house breaking and theft, theft out of motor vehicle, robbery, etc.
64 Traffic fines were issued with a value of R32 000-00 and 26 suspects were arrested for the illegal possession of drugs. A total of 76 fines were issued for other liquor related crimes. Nine (9) persons were arrested for driving under the influence of liquor.
Police officials will continue to effectively address cirme in the Uitenhage Cluster and SAPS are committed to decrease crime effectively. The South African Police Service appeals to the community to work with the SAPS to reduce crime by providing valuable information that will lead to the arrest of suspects and the recovery of illegal firearms.
Anyone with information on illegal firearms are requested to contact their local police station in the Uitenhage area or 10111 or Crime Stop 08600 10111.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- PE company has bumper harvests in the bag - 24 February 2017
- I Got So Excited When I Saw This 100 Year-Old Keyboard - 24 February 2017
- Alternative Fact that Whites own 80% of the economy/land - 24 February 2017
- Goodbye to Professor Derrick Swartz - 23 February 2017
- Tax system must be “redistributive” - 23 February 2017