Police in Uitenhage have launched a manhunt for suspects who robbed a 54-year-old man in front of a financial institution today, 11 September 2017 at about 11:15. It is alleged that the 54-year-old was about to enter the financial institution in Caledon Street, Uitenhage, to deposit cash, when he was approached by an unknown male suspect who threatened him with a firearm. The suspect took a bag from the complainant and ran across the road towards a white VW Caddy that was stationary in the parking area. A relative of the complainant saw the incident occur and gave chase, driving into the VW Caddy with his bakkie. The suspect got out of the VW Caddy and jumped into a second red VW Polo and sped off. An undisclosed amount of cash was taken. No shots were fired and no one was injured in the incident.
Police are following up on all possible leads. Preliminary investigations revealed that the white VW Caddy was hijacked in KwaNobuhle on 5 September 2017. Police once again want to warn business owners to make use of alternative means to deposit cash.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Mi Casa Will Rock the Bay - 25 September 2017
- Fourteen racing-driver hopefuls selected for 2017 Volkswagen Driver Search - 25 September 2017
- Southern Kings loss to Zebre - 25 September 2017
- Southern Kings European Touring Squad - 25 September 2017
- Southern Kings Team to Play Zebre - 22 September 2017