The Democratic Alliance in the Eastern Cape condemns the incident of violence in the Buffalo City Metro (BCM) in which two of its public representatives are alleged to be involved.
This refers to a recent incident in which the representatives allegedly got involved in a scuffle with two members of the public.
The complaint has already been investigated by the Provincial Disciplinary Committee (PDC) and the Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) has considered the findings and suspended the public representatives in question.
The PEC has also formally referred the matter to the Federal Legal Commission (FLC) for their urgent attention.
DA Eastern Cape Provincial Chairperson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Ingrid Davey - 24 February 2018
- Mthatha news: Ngcobo massacre: Seven suspects dead after police shootout - 24 February 2018
- Grahamstown in the news: Luyolo’s projects boost community - 24 February 2018
- J-Bay in the news: Popular spots delivering good catches in the Bay - 24 February 2018
- PE in the news: SA v India 2018: Four Records That Are At Stake In 3rd T20I in Cape Town - 24 February 2018