The Democratic Alliance in the Eastern Cape condemns the incident of violence in the Buffalo City Metro (BCM) in which two of its public representatives are alleged to be involved.
This refers to a recent incident in which the representatives allegedly got involved in a scuffle with two members of the public.
The complaint has already been investigated by the Provincial Disciplinary Committee (PDC) and the Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) has considered the findings and suspended the public representatives in question.
The PEC has also formally referred the matter to the Federal Legal Commission (FLC) for their urgent attention.
DA Eastern Cape Provincial Chairperson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: Two arrested for unlicensed firearms around Mthatha Cluster - 19 February 2019
- Day 1 Live Replay – SAP 5O5 World Championship 2015 – Port Elizabeth, South Africa [video] - 19 February 2019
- Grahamstown News: ‘It was not the worst kind of rape’: HIV+ Eastern Cape rapist appeals life sentence - 19 February 2019
- SA Cricket Legends return to focus on developing cricket talent – MyPR.co.za - 19 February 2019
- PE Business News: Zambia Mines Minister pledges support for gemstone sector - 19 February 2019