Two Southern Kings players sustained concussions during the match against the Hurricanes in Wellington on Friday last week.
In the first half of the game, Southern Kings wing Luzuko Vulindlu came off the field in the 37th minute for a concussion test, and was replaced by JP du Plessis.
In the second half Elgar Watts had to come on to replace Du Plessis in the 60th minute, as Du Plessis had also sustained a concussion.
Head Coach Deon Davids said both players were still being assessed.
“We also have a few other niggles following the tour, but the players are being seen to by our medical staff and are being attended to,” he said.
Davids said the two players who had been sent home following the game against the Crusaders, Schalk Ferreira and Thembelani Bholi, were also being assessed ahead of the game against the Sunwolves on Saturday, 3 April.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Search underway for more Ngcobo cop killers - 25 February 2018
- Just before the start of the Chippa United vs Pirates game in the Absa PSL - 25 February 2018
- What a way to spend a Sunday - 25 February 2018
- You’ve changed my life. You made my dreams into reality. - 25 February 2018
- Kani Celebration: The Revolution Will not be Televised, The Revolution Will be Live - 24 February 2018