Two Southern Kings players sustained concussions during the match against the Hurricanes in Wellington on Friday last week.
In the first half of the game, Southern Kings wing Luzuko Vulindlu came off the field in the 37th minute for a concussion test, and was replaced by JP du Plessis.
In the second half Elgar Watts had to come on to replace Du Plessis in the 60th minute, as Du Plessis had also sustained a concussion.
Head Coach Deon Davids said both players were still being assessed.
“We also have a few other niggles following the tour, but the players are being seen to by our medical staff and are being attended to,” he said.
Davids said the two players who had been sent home following the game against the Crusaders, Schalk Ferreira and Thembelani Bholi, were also being assessed ahead of the game against the Sunwolves on Saturday, 3 April.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Nice to confirm that MyPE still has “IT” - 25 May 2017
- Unsettled: 100 Years of War - 25 May 2017
- Commemorating Africa Day - 25 May 2017
- ‘Internet for All’ by 2020 – So tempted to say; “Really?” - 25 May 2017
- Is it Fraud when the Click Fraud studies don’t agree? - 25 May 2017