In a statement released this morning the NMMU says that in keeping with the official mediation process ordered by the High Court and in efforts to restore normalcy, the university has been engaged in protracted negotiations with the student leadership.
While reiterating that the University remains open, we acknowledge that the mediation process is now at a critical and sensitive stage.
Therefore, we deem it necessary to suspend teaching activities planned for Monday, 24th October 2016 in order to give parties in the mediation, time to finalise their consultations.
The outcome of the mediation will be communicated as soon as the process is finalised.
Teaching activities shall resume on Tuesday, 25th October 2016.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019
- How will the 2019 Budget Speech affect you? - 15 February 2019