Port Elizabeth rockers, GRITT The Band toured a number of music festivals in the UK during August this year. “The festivals we attended ran many stages and artists performed back to back, on a tight schedule, they are very organized and professional,” says manager, Zoe Fick.
The band performed at the Crash music festival as well as Todstock. “We were so delighted that the crowds loved our sound and music, we even received cries for more,” says Fick.
GRITT was first formed in 2009 as an experimental rock group. They produce original songs with though-provoking lyrics and catchy melodies.
According to Fick, the tour was the result of hard work by all band members combined with a lot of research into improving their performance and sound to be competitive in the international rock scene.
Among its other achivements, the band won the number one spot in the Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands, USA in Atlanta last year.
“All members of GRITT The Band are talented, its a merge of this talent, be it lyrics, composition or inspiration. Each member offers a unique essence to our sound and songs,” says Fick.
Although the band is currently unsigned, Fick is positive that some critical relationships were formed on the UK tour. The band was invited to perform at the same festivals again next year. They are also hoping to tour the US in 2012.
Article unashamedly ‘borrowed’ from EC Talent.
GRITT…The Band’s first music video “Carboplatin”. Created to promote awareness for cancer research.
Latest posts by Siyathetha (see all)
- Help for Business Seeking Capital as Single Point for Government Incentives is Launched - 13 June 2012
- Move Your Running From the City to the Bush - 9 November 2011
- R500 000 to Local Academy in recognition as the Benchmark for Job Creation and Skills Training - 2 November 2011
- Local Social Entrepreneur up for 2011 World Entrepreneur Award - 31 October 2011
- Wild About Giving Back - 19 October 2011