On Monday, 16 April 2018, the DA Shadow Minister of Police, Zakhele Mbhele MP, joined by the DA Eastern Cape Leader Nqaba Bhanga, will attend the trial of the man who threw his baby off a roof during a police operation in Nelson Mandela Bay.
The DA will also use this opportunity to applaud Constable Luyolo Nojulumba for rescuing the infant in Joe Slovo, Kwadwesi township in Port Elizabeth.
What this father did, endangering his own child for the sake of a political protest, amounts to gross domestic abuse.
We urge all police members, especially those who work in the Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences (FCS) units, to work diligently to bring justice to the victims and survivors of sexual abuse and domestic violence.
The trial is scheduled for Monday, 16 April 2018 at the New Brighton Court in Mati Road, New Brighton, Port Elizabeth (Nelson Mandela Bay), 6200.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The DA’s Big Reveal Live – NOW - 22 September 2018
- Springboks open training session on Monday - 21 September 2018
- Mandela University research and teaching excellence recognized at annual awards - 21 September 2018
- One in Six Teenagers who use cannabis will become addicted - 21 September 2018
- 40 Strong IORA delegation visits Operation Phakisa projects - 21 September 2018