On Monday, 16 April 2018, the DA Shadow Minister of Police, Zakhele Mbhele MP, joined by the DA Eastern Cape Leader Nqaba Bhanga, will attend the trial of the man who threw his baby off a roof during a police operation in Nelson Mandela Bay.
The DA will also use this opportunity to applaud Constable Luyolo Nojulumba for rescuing the infant in Joe Slovo, Kwadwesi township in Port Elizabeth.
What this father did, endangering his own child for the sake of a political protest, amounts to gross domestic abuse.
We urge all police members, especially those who work in the Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences (FCS) units, to work diligently to bring justice to the victims and survivors of sexual abuse and domestic violence.
The trial is scheduled for Monday, 16 April 2018 at the New Brighton Court in Mati Road, New Brighton, Port Elizabeth (Nelson Mandela Bay), 6200.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Time to disrupt the real estate status quo - 14 July 2018
- R18-million green power plant for NMU - 14 July 2018
- Find another chair, human! - 14 July 2018
- 40 years of bakkie - 14 July 2018
- Who will take responsibility for South Africa’s sugar tariff fiasco? - 13 July 2018