Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Ill 10 years 6 months / (c) 2017 Edward C Lunnon / Deuce
Just a few weeks ago, Phillip Weyer-Henderson gave me a lift home from the Old Grey Club in his Audi R8. A few of us (from the Class of 1984 – my first class at Grey) had lunch together at the Club.
It was the last time that I saw Phillip alive. This morning I was informed that he had been killed, together with two other Old Greys, in a car accident.
Just a few years ago, we had lunch on their farm, Toekomst ( read my blog by that name https://edlunnon.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/toekomst/) near Jansenville. Their daughter Amee had asked me to talk at Collegiate.
We spoke about the Toekomst (The Future), about being positive!
Since then, they have lost their mother, Liese, in the farm dam.
Now, their Dad in a car accident.
I have given up on counting the losses of the last few years: last week it was Shane Fourie, Sonja van Rhyn, Willem Engelbrecht, Ingrid Scholtz, John Clarke, Andrew de Wet, Rob Stear, Pam Thomson, …
Life and death – the two sides of the coin. I will write later.
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Head For The Hills 2019 – MyPR.co.za - 22 November 2019
- Dream11 Team Prediction Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Cape Town Blitz, Mzansi Super League – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 November 2019
- ‘Sex pest’ Breytenbach found at mother’s house near Mossel Bay – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 November 2019
- Madibaz ready to apply themselves at USSA chess week – MyPR.co.za - 21 November 2019
- PP complaint leads to arrest of suspects allegedly involved in Siyenza toilet scandal - 21 November 2019