Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Ill 10 years 6 months / (c) 2017 Edward C Lunnon / Deuce
Just a few weeks ago, Phillip Weyer-Henderson gave me a lift home from the Old Grey Club in his Audi R8. A few of us (from the Class of 1984 – my first class at Grey) had lunch together at the Club.
It was the last time that I saw Phillip alive. This morning I was informed that he had been killed, together with two other Old Greys, in a car accident.
Just a few years ago, we had lunch on their farm, Toekomst ( read my blog by that name https://edlunnon.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/toekomst/) near Jansenville. Their daughter Amee had asked me to talk at Collegiate.
We spoke about the Toekomst (The Future), about being positive!
Since then, they have lost their mother, Liese, in the farm dam.
Now, their Dad in a car accident.
I have given up on counting the losses of the last few years: last week it was Shane Fourie, Sonja van Rhyn, Willem Engelbrecht, Ingrid Scholtz, John Clarke, Andrew de Wet, Rob Stear, Pam Thomson, …
Life and death – the two sides of the coin. I will write later.
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 3 Bedroom Townhouse to Rent in Greenshields Park – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 November 2019
- Patel’s spokesman dodges questions on Lottery – News from GroundUp - 13 November 2019
- Ntseki banking on Bafana’s away record ahead of Ghana clash – Port Elizabeth Business News - 13 November 2019
- Southern Kings played a hand in the careers of some World Cup-winning Springboks – Port Elizabeth in the News - 13 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Open manhole is an accident waiting to happen - 13 November 2019