Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Ill 10 years 6 months / (c) 2017 Edward C Lunnon / Deuce
Just a few weeks ago, Phillip Weyer-Henderson gave me a lift home from the Old Grey Club in his Audi R8. A few of us (from the Class of 1984 – my first class at Grey) had lunch together at the Club.
It was the last time that I saw Phillip alive. This morning I was informed that he had been killed, together with two other Old Greys, in a car accident.
Just a few years ago, we had lunch on their farm, Toekomst ( read my blog by that name https://edlunnon.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/toekomst/) near Jansenville. Their daughter Amee had asked me to talk at Collegiate.
We spoke about the Toekomst (The Future), about being positive!
Since then, they have lost their mother, Liese, in the farm dam.
Now, their Dad in a car accident.
I have given up on counting the losses of the last few years: last week it was Shane Fourie, Sonja van Rhyn, Willem Engelbrecht, Ingrid Scholtz, John Clarke, Andrew de Wet, Rob Stear, Pam Thomson, …
Life and death – the two sides of the coin. I will write later.
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: Nkonyeni hailed as a pillar of strength to young talent - 20 July 2019
- Bhisho News: Bench Talk / Off The Wire - 20 July 2019
- Makhanda News: Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Metaphors - 20 July 2019
- PE Business News: Transnet says it will take two weeks to clear backlog at Ngqura port - 20 July 2019
- Sanctor children do their part for Mandela Day – MyPR.co.za - 19 July 2019