The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality wishes to confirm that, following strike action by mainly administrative employees, the municipal Traffic Offices in Sidwell and Korsten are still closed to the public, affecting services such as the issuing of and testing for driver’s licences, the payment of fines and activities at the Municipal Court. Since Friday afternoon, administrative staff at the Traffic Offices in Uitenhage have joined the strike.
Negotiations to resolve the strike-related demands of the employees, which relate to Human Resources issues, are continuing.
The public can still pay their traffic fines at municipal Customer Care Centres.
The Municipality apologises to the public for the inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Lithuba Lakho Exhibition - 19 February 2020
- Nelson Mandela Bay Water Supply STILL Under Pressure - 18 February 2020
- Mantashe is spanner in the works of President’s energy promises - 14 February 2020
- Grim discovery of electrocuted man the second incident in weeks - 13 February 2020
- LEU’s back online - 13 February 2020