The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality wishes to confirm that, following strike action by mainly administrative employees, the municipal Traffic Offices in Sidwell and Korsten are still closed to the public, affecting services such as the issuing of and testing for driver’s licences, the payment of fines and activities at the Municipal Court. Since Friday afternoon, administrative staff at the Traffic Offices in Uitenhage have joined the strike.
Negotiations to resolve the strike-related demands of the employees, which relate to Human Resources issues, are continuing.
The public can still pay their traffic fines at municipal Customer Care Centres.
The Municipality apologises to the public for the inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- John Tallant Road Expansion Opens - 30 August 2019
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019