Two Thumbs Up to Sirion Roberston of Grahamstown on his insightful letter (Too Many People, The Herald, 7 July 2017) regarding our population explosion.
As much as the Death Sentence would rid us of unrepentant vermin, the fact of the matter is that we don’t have a Birth Control Policy whereby the government won’t subsidise the 2nd and more unplanned children. Most social evils by criminals nowadays especially towards women, children and the elderly are committed by males who had absent or cold-hearted mothers. A child can be an upstanding citizen without a father figure, but an absent or a deranged mother causes bitter, seemingly heartless men who are merely crying out for the love and/or attention they were deprived by a maternal figure during formative years by in turn depriving other people of their basic human rights.
If we could have a birth control policy then mostly Black and Coloured people won’t breed like rats and then demand jobs in twenty years’ time, citing the black politicians’ propaganda of reversing the 300 Years of Colonialism and enforcing Affirmative Action which doesn’t have a time frame hitherto.
Trying to create jobs, have quality of life and have crime stability would always be a pipe-dream without the birth control policy in place. The child grant allocation is merely a temporary pain pill for a social terminal cancer.
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Covid-19: eThekwini accused of defying ban on evictions – News from GroundUp - 31 March 2020
- A journey for LOVE… – Port Elizabeth Business News - 31 March 2020
- Uitenhage News: PE shelters are potential death traps, homeless complain - 31 March 2020
- How to build your Brand during tough times like Covid-19 – MyPR.co.za - 31 March 2020
- France to put domestic violence victims in hotels as numbers soar under coronavirus lockdown – Lockdown News - 31 March 2020