On 10/11/2018, tony answered 5 Questions about Port Elizabeth for publication on MyPE:
1. Are you Port Elizabeth born and bred?: Yes
2. Favourite part of Port Elizabeth?: Central definitely. Donkin Street. Just love those old houses. St George’s park is one of the most beautiful in South Africa. Settlers Park has to have one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. I prefer suburbs like Algoa Park and Young Park because they are real. If something can be done to spruce up the rows of flats in Algoa Park and make them look nice driving past on the freeway will be more pleasant if one sees this. Sydenham used to be my
3. Complete this sentence; “Port Elizabeth would be better with …………”: more publicity boosting tourism. PE has always been downplayed as a city. Even Bloemfontein gets more publicity. Not just because I am from PE but I firmly believe that PE is the best city in SA. I have lived in Cape Town and hated every 3 years I was there.
PE must clean up the inner city (downtown), restore old buildings to their former self. Coming in with a train one sees all the broken windows and beautiful old buildings that are not been kept. I think if this is done PE will be a world attraction city as PE has so much to offer in terms of history and heritage and the friendliness of all its citizens with beautiful smiling faces. The harbour in PE can be transformed with lovely coffee shops and eateries and maybe one of the old tug boats can be transformed into a floating restaurant which can be lit up at night. Come on guys put PE where it should be. No. 1 in South Africa.
4. Your PE Secret Spot?: I love Central. Settlers Park has to have one of the most beautiful views in South Africa. Rather breathtaking.
5. Your favourite PE Memory ever?: Running down to the beach from Forest Hill with my huge inner tube all blown up, and so excited to be going to the sea.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: Top bodybuilders to flex muscles in big ORT show - 20 October 2018
- Bhisho News: Wife acquitted of murder of top Bhisho official - 20 October 2018
- Grahamstown News: Omotoso trial: A history of Peter Daubermann’s high profile cases - 20 October 2018
- PE News: Council wrestling funding free-for-all - 20 October 2018
- 2 Bedroom Townhouse For Sale in Fairview, Port Elizabeth for R749 000 [video] - 20 October 2018