This vehicle, registration number: DPW371EC, was spotted in Acres Spar, Perridgevale on 18/09/2015 at around 12:00.
At midday at the Atrium Spar, I saw the elderly chap getting out of his car, remove the cone and park in the disabled bay, albeit on his second attempt. His rear wheel caught the pavement the first time and he couldn’t drive over it. I looked to see if there were any disabled parking permits on the car. There were none.
I waited to see if his female passenger was in any way disabled, but she too seemed fine, climbing out of the vehicle unassisted. Ignoring the stares of the passer-by’s, they proceeded to enter the Atrium Spar.
I informed the security guard inside the Spar. He merely nodded his head and remained at his post without investigating.
Granted it was busy. Granted it was difficult to find parking in front of the store. However, there was still plenty of parking in the other parking area, so it is inexcusable that you, able bodied individuals, used a disabled parking bay.
Originally submitted to MyPE by: Gareth Thomas
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Search for missing child in Swartkops River - 15 September 2019
- Oil Tanker Crewman Uplifted - 15 September 2019
- Submit your NSFAS 2020 application now - 15 September 2019
- How can Cassper Nyovest ask for R50 000 for ONE tag? #LocalsShareTheBay - 15 September 2019
- Local teams raring to go as Guinness PRO14 season approaches - 13 September 2019