As we approach the final event of the Billabong Junior Series presented by All Aboard Travel, it looks like a very close finish in many of the age divisions. Surfers have been battling it out over the last three contests, and it’ll be a big push into the final event this weekend. From the super competitive U12 Boys division, all the way through to the Pro Junior divisions, there is much at stake and the competition will be fierce.
In the U12 Boys, Kyra Bennie is comfortably leading the rankings from C-Jay Posthumus, with Sergio Nogueira in third place. Kyra has three wins to his name already, hoping to get a fourth in Seal Point.
The U14 Boys sees Daniel Emslie in first spot on the rankings, with Mitch Du Preez and Nate Spalding duking it out for second spot, with only twenty points separating second from third spot going into the final competition.
Ceara Knight leads the U14 Girl division, with Caroline Brown a close second place, and Zoe Steyn in third.
There are very few points separating the top three spots in the U16 Boys, with Dellin Hendricks just five points ahead of Eli Buekes. Luke Slijpen is just behind in third place, but the final event could very easily see a change in the rankings.
Kayla Nogueria, who already has three wins under the belt and goes into the event as a firm favourite, leads the U16 Girls. Tayla de Coning is currently in second place, ahead of S’nenhlanhla Makhubu
U18 Pro Junior Men is a tussle between the Elkington brothers Jake and Max, with Jake leading the division going into the final event. He has a comfortable lead over Max, and Ethan Fletcher is in third.
Sophie Bell leads the U18 Pro Junior Women’s division from Kayla Nogueira and Kirsty McGillivray. The winner of the Pro Junior Men as well as the Pro Junior Women will each receive a ticket to Bali courtesy of presenting sponsor All Aboard Travel.
More Info on Tight Finish For Billabong Junior Series Finale here:
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cofimvaba protesters tell their mayor to start working – News from GroundUp - 23 February 2020
- What the Australian T20 side can learn from loss to South Africa ahead of sandpapergate return – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 February 2020
- SA win a nail-biter against Australia in PE to set up series-deciding showdown at Newlands – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 February 2020
- 4IR will still need the human touch – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 February 2020
- South Africa vs Australia 2nd T20I Live Cricket Streaming: When, where and how to watch SA vs AUS? – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 February 2020