Club members show support for the Algoa Bay Yacht Club team that sailed in the 24 Hour Sailing Challenge on the North End Lake hosted by the Redhouse Yacht Club. John Tudehope, Leon van Niekerk and Jimmy Swinnerton – the ABYC Buoys were a welcome addition to the event at the Powerboat Club premises. John and Leon even got to sail two rounds on the 420 dinghy. Thanks for the support and encouragement guys! The 10 members of the ABYC Sailing Team, ‘Full of Sheet’ came third – Taken by the Editor whilst wandering aimlessly about pretending to be in the know.
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Meanwhile, in Stanford Road THIS is happening - 20 July 2018
- Tickets for Springboks vs Australia in Port Elizabeth - 20 July 2018
- SETA’s robbing the youth of the opportunity to participate in our economy - 20 July 2018
- SANRAL: We are more than just the e-toll guys - 19 July 2018
- Repo rate unchanged at 6.5% - 19 July 2018