The police are on the heels of the suspects involved in a house robbery case reported at Thornhill SAPS. It is alleged that on Wednesday, 18 July 2018 at about 18:30, on the farm Doringkop, Thornhill area, a husband and wife were watching television when three unknown males (wearing balaclavas and armed with knives) entered through the unlocked kitchen door and held the couple up.
The suspects demanded the keys to the safe and the suspects took 1x 3.57 Magnum and 1x .38 revolver. The suspects also took several electrical equipment such as a 55 inch flat screen TV; a 50 inch flat screen TV; a laptop; three cellphones and jewellery. The suspects fled and the complainant managed to free himself and his wife and notified SAPS. Thornhill SAPS have opened a case of house robbery which is under investigation. The couple did not sustain any injuries during the incident.
Fighting crime is a shared responsibility therefore police are urging home owners to be vigilant and alert to their surroundings and never to leave any door open or unlocked. Anyone who might be able to assist with any information, may contact SAPS Thornhill on 042 286 6200 Let us share information and support each other in the fight against crime. Crime Stop 08600 10111 or Crime Line SMS 32211.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Huge contest expected in Durban – Siya Kolisi - 17 August 2018
- One Southern King Nominated for 2017/18 Guinness PRO14 Dream Team - 17 August 2018
- CEO by day, Ironman in the early mornings, after work and on weekends - 17 August 2018
- Residential Building Activity Trends - 17 August 2018
- What “Price Reduced” really means - 17 August 2018