Thomas estimates the additional monthly maintenance and cleaning costs on this asset, as the result of the manganese ore, to be in the region of R500 per month.
The cost of accelerated wear and tear over the life of Thomas’s asset is estimated to be: R500.
Thomas has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “It is a known disaster for every town in the world.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- England have a chance to turn ‘cursed’ South Africa tour into landmark series win – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 January 2020
- South African Police Service – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 January 2020
- Root excited by prospect of England’s ‘relentless barrage of pace’ – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 January 2020
- Madibaz target strong performance in Varsity Shield – MyPR.co.za - 23 January 2020
- Security guards on strike in Mpumalanga after province fails to pay – News from GroundUp - 23 January 2020