This is where your strawberries come from. On a visit to the Hankey Patensie Valley we stopped in at Mooihoek Boerdery for a tour of their strawberry and spinach farm. Madele Ferreira is a ball of energy and has developed many other products including the dried fruit you see here along with their own frozen berry brand. The strawberries are in most supermarkets and a delight to taste fresh from the farm. Look out for another Pick Your Own event – the short drive out is well worth it. – Taken by the Editor whilst wandering aimlessly about pretending to be in the know.
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The DA’s Big Reveal Live – NOW - 22 September 2018
- Springboks open training session on Monday - 21 September 2018
- Mandela University research and teaching excellence recognized at annual awards - 21 September 2018
- One in Six Teenagers who use cannabis will become addicted - 21 September 2018
- 40 Strong IORA delegation visits Operation Phakisa projects - 21 September 2018