This is where your strawberries come from. On a visit to the Hankey Patensie Valley we stopped in at Mooihoek Boerdery for a tour of their strawberry and spinach farm. Madele Ferreira is a ball of energy and has developed many other products including the dried fruit you see here along with their own frozen berry brand. The strawberries are in most supermarkets and a delight to taste fresh from the farm. Look out for another Pick Your Own event – the short drive out is well worth it. – Taken by the Editor whilst wandering aimlessly about pretending to be in the know.
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Maxama, Senekal take top awards at Madibaz sports function - 19 October 2018
- PE Refugee Reception Centre reopened - 19 October 2018
- BRU Suspended from SARU - 19 October 2018
- Computer centre eases access for PE learners with disabilities - 19 October 2018
- Xhosa Name for Fijian Flyer - 19 October 2018