Visit and explore more Port Elizabeth videos.
The EFF and ANC organised some entertainment for their supporters whilst their leaders scuffled and fought in the kindergarten – a place that you may refer to as the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality Council Chambers! The occasion? The hearing of a motion of No Confidence in the Executive Mayor, Athol Trollip which was not passed. In MY DAY there was no DJ or fancy sound system, just sweat, whistles, stomping of feet, the deep sound of angry male voices, the rhythmic swaying of knobkierries, the rank odour of fear and apprehension as we heard the sound of snarling dogs lunging against snapping leashes. Not to mention that women and children were not in the forefront…. How things have changed!
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Guest review from: Frank Sinclair – Featured Blog - 19 June 2019
- PE Business News: $5.3 billion in foreign direct investment hits SA - 19 June 2019
- Uitenhage News: Uitenhage public works employees want permanent jobs - 19 June 2019
- Contemplative Run - 19 June 2019
- Grahamstown News: Lights, water, action … Makhanda show will go on despite crises - 19 June 2019