Nelson Mandela Bay Municiaplity would like to inform residents and businesses that electricity supply to large areas of the City will be disconnected between the hours of 08:00 – 16:00 on SUNDAY, 18 MARCH 2018 to repair and refurbish the earthing system and communication systems between the Ditchling, Kragga Kamma and Malabar substations.
Areas affected will include:
Gelvandale, Helenvale, Malabar, section of Kabega Park, Kragga Kamma, Sunridge Park, Fernglen, Framesby, Westering, Linton Grange, Parsonsvlei, Cotswold, Morningside, Glenroy Park, Brymore, Walmer Downs, Charlo, Springfield, Greenshields Park, section of Overbaakens, section of Walmer, Miramar, Mount Pleasant, section of Lovemore Heights, THC-line (Theescombe / Chelsea), KKT-line (Kragga Kamma), SEA-line (Seaview).
Please note: It is impossible to provide the exact street names, as some areas (such as Walmer, Gelvandale, Kabega and others) are fed from two different substations. Therefore, the Municipality is unable to determine the exact boundary due to the proximity of the circuits and the network topology (how the network is arranged.) Also, such topology can change at any time due to other factors, such as cable faults and loading problems.
As there is no guarantee that supply will be off throughout the whole period stated, installations in all premises must be regarded as being live during these hours.
The Municipality wishes to apologise to residents and businesses for the inconvenience caused by this planned shutdown.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Public meetings for businesses and residents on Isuzu IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship route - 13 August 2018
- Decorate and sell your IRONMAN figurine at the World Champs - 8 August 2018
- NMB launches tourism forums to boost tourism - 8 August 2018
- Alleged Riotous Drunk Driver Wounded in the …. - 7 August 2018
- Mandela Bay taking harsh action against City’s rogue landlords - 2 August 2018