Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents and businesses that Eskom will have a planned shutdown on Wednesday 14 August 2019 from 05h00 until 18h00.
As a result of this shutdown, the Elandsjagt Water Treatment Works (WTW) will not be able to treat and produce clean water.
The Churchill WTW will not be able to completely satisfy the demand from that zone by itself, therefore residents are requested to use water sparingly during the duration of the shutdown so that storage reservoirs are not depleted.
In the case of storage being consumed completely, the following areas might experience low pressure or water cuts:
- New Brighton
- North end
Residents are urged to use water sparingly.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019