Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents and businesses that Eskom will have a planned shutdown on Wednesday 14 August 2019 from 05h00 until 18h00.
As a result of this shutdown, the Elandsjagt Water Treatment Works (WTW) will not be able to treat and produce clean water.
The Churchill WTW will not be able to completely satisfy the demand from that zone by itself, therefore residents are requested to use water sparingly during the duration of the shutdown so that storage reservoirs are not depleted.
In the case of storage being consumed completely, the following areas might experience low pressure or water cuts:
- New Brighton
- North end
Residents are urged to use water sparingly.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019
- No Payments Made to Afrisec - 29 July 2019