Thembelani Mbilini was born in Grahamstown and raised in Motherwell Port Elizabeth. The Gospel Music bug bit whilst still in high school and pursued his interest by entering various local talent searches. He was signed by Bebula Music and in 2007 Thembelani released his successful debut multilingual album Iziqhamo. He was invited by Andile B on a countrywide roadshow tour.
Due to the popularity and demand of ‘Iziqhamo’ Thembelani and his record label delayed the release of his second offering which was then released in 2010. On ‘Abangcwele’ Thembelani worked with his good friend and mentor Andile B. This combination proved to be a good one as ‘Abangcwele’ was one of the best sellers that year. Thebelani counts the release of his albums, DVD and appearances on Gospel Time, Gospel Gold and Move Magazine in March 2010 as his career highlights.
Thembelani has shared the stages with the country’s gospel elite and also featured at the Music Concert Series Gospel Edition in 2017 alongside Zodwa, Andile B, Nombongo Siyona and a whole host more.
This Sunday Thembelani will be treating us to soulful Gospel and Jazz music which will surely be a treat for all the Mothers, Aunts, Grand Mothers to enjoy on Mother’s Day!
The show is on 13 May 2018 at the Barn Theatre, PE Opera House from 17:00. Admission is R70.00 (R50.00 Pensioners) – limited seating be sure to be early.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Time to sort this Red Location Museum ‘MESS’ out once and for all - 18 January 2019
- POPCRU on #Bosasagate - 18 January 2019
- That I could be Good Enough to live as long as the co-inventor of the Lithium-ion battery - 18 January 2019
- Fishing Trawler Assisted in Big Seas - 17 January 2019
- Toyota Cheetahs team to face Isuzu Southern Kings - 17 January 2019