The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Water Division has been forced to shut down the 800 mm water supply pipeline to a large part of Motherwell, as a result of suspected vandalism and theft along the pipeline.
A large volume of water has been lost which has caused flooding of certain areas.
Areas which are currently affected include Motherwell NU 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 and parts of NU 1. Staff are currently assessing the damage with the intention of making temporary repairs. It is hoped that the supply can be restored later today.
Water tankers are being arranged and will be deployed as required.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Mantashe is spanner in the works of President’s energy promises - 14 February 2020
- Grim discovery of electrocuted man the second incident in weeks - 13 February 2020
- LEU’s back online - 13 February 2020
- Bay’s Water Supply Continues to be Under Immense Pressure - 12 February 2020
- Four-day Food Safety Blitz - 11 February 2020